Ok, so take into consideration the fact that I have only had implants since March. Also, this list is more personal than it is “technical”. I am no expert. This is just my day-to-day pros vs. cons in living with dental implants.
Without further ado:
- I don’t have to take them out, which makes me feel VERY safe and secure, as well as the fact that it returns some sense of normalcy to my life.
- They are extremely stable, which makes eating an absolute breeze. Apples? Yes please!
- They stabilize my bone. The bone integrates with the implants through a process called osseointegration. This gives the bone something to stick around for.
- There is nothing covering my palate. This not only makes eating more enjoyable, but it just feels more natural.
- I absolutely love being able smile in the mirror, inspect my teeth, and clean them without removing them. I love brushing them. It just feels nice.
- If an emergency situation were to come up, I could get out of Dodge, rather than fumbling around looking for my teeth LOL!
- Cleaning them can sort of slow me down at times. There are a lot of steps involved in making sure i’ve removed every trace of food under the bridges.
- Speaking of which, food gets under the bridges. If the food is left too long, it can cause your gums to become irritated.
- I’ve yet to have them cleaned professionally but it’s looming over my head…. and i’m sure it’s probably pretty expensive.
- If a problem were to arise, i’m sure that would be expensive, alsoâ€”such as fixing (or replacing) a bridge or implant.